Search

18 Feb 2026

Coleraine man charged with series of domestic offences including rape

Dillon Hemple (30) of Hazeldene Drive in Coleraine faced a total of 10 charges including rape, non-fatal strangulation, assault, criminal damage and disorderly behavior on various dates and against the same alleged injured party between February 8 and February 12

Rowdy scenes at Derry Magistrate's Court as anti lock down protesters disrupted proceedings

Derry Magistrates' Court

A man with an address in Coleraine has been remanded in custody at Derry Magistrates' Court today charged with a series of domestic offences that were said to have occurred in the city. 
Dillon Hemple (30) of Hazeldene Drive in Coleraine faced a total of 10 charges including rape, non-fatal strangulation, assault, criminal damage and disorderly behavior on various dates and against the same alleged injured party between February 8 and February 12.
A police officer connected the accused to the charges and opposed bail. 
He told the court that police were called to an hotel in Derry in the early hours of the morning after a disturbance was reported in a room.
Police spoke to the couple in the room, the defendant and the alleged injured party, and they both said nothing had happened. 
However, on February 13 the woman contacted police and said that during the two day stay at the hotel in Derry Hemple had been verbally abusive towards her, had whipped her legs with a phone charged cable and slapped her.
She also claimed she had been raped and that the defendant and alleged he had tied belt around her neck.
She claimed that when police came to the room Hemple had told her to say nothing had happened. 
The woman outlined another incident that occurred in Waterloo Place when she said that the defendant had abused her and granted her by the throat. 
At interview Hemple said everything that occurred was consensual including the belt round the throat.
He said the couple had a 'safe word' which she had not used.
Bail was opposed due to the risk of reoffending and the fact Hemple was viewed as 'a high risk perpetrator of domestic violence.'
Defence counsel Brendan Kearney said these were 'clearly very serious allegations' but added his client had given 'a full and detailed account'.
He said this was 'an on off relationship' and the woman had made allegations in the past that had not been proceeded with.
District Judge Oonagh Mullan said that there was 'a litany of offences' and refused bail stating the young woman was entitled to feel safe.
Hempke was remanded in custody to appear again on March 12.

To continue reading this article,
please subscribe and support local journalism!


Subscribing will allow you access to all of our premium content and archived articles.

Subscribe

To continue reading this article for FREE,
please kindly register and/or log in.


Registration is absolutely 100% FREE and will help us personalise your experience on our sites. You can also sign up to our carefully curated newsletter(s) to keep up to date with your latest local news!

Register / Login

Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.

Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.