Derry Magistrate's Court heard today that it was hoped to fix a date for the trial of former Celtic and Derry City footballer Patrick McCourt who faces a charge of sexual assault that was said to have occurred on January 30 this year.
McCourt (38) of Wheatfield Court in Muff, County Donegal has denied the charge.
Today his defence solicitor Ciaran Shiels told the court that they had been given more papers and CCTV.
He said that the defence would need some time to consult with the defendant and counsel.
The solicitor also said that they had been told there would be further evidence coming.
District Judge Barney McElholm said that he would adjourn the case for 4 weeks in the hope that a date could be fixed for contest.
The case was adjourned until September 1.
McCourt is currently on bail.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.