Brian McIver has named his first side of the league of tomorrow night's derby clash with Tyrone at Celtic Park (throw-in: 7pm).
Having won promotion off the back of a title-winning crusade in Division Two last year, the Oak Leafers are now preparing for their return to the national top flight with a crunch clash against the All-Ireland semi-finalists to kick things off.
The manager has thrown a curve ball or two though with the exclusion of Colerain forward Declan Mullan who had impressed in the McKenna Cup.
Declan Brown wins his place at corner back having played just one game in the January competition and Aidan McAlynn has kept Charlie Kielt and Mark Craig on the bench as he joins a half back line comprised of captain Mark Lynch and ever-present Sean Leo McGoldrick.
Fergal Doherty will finally announce his return to the big time with a place at midfield alongside former county partner Patsy Bradley whilst Gerard O'Kane gets another shot in the number 10 jersey in the Derry forward line.
Derry squad to face Tyrone:
1. Thomas Mallon (An Lúb)
2. Declan Brown (Baile Eachaidh)
3. Chrissy McKaigue (Leacht Néill)
4. Dermot McBride (Baile na Scrine)
5. Aidan McAlynn (An Lúb)
6. Mark Lynch (Beannchar) (C)
7. Sean Leo McGoldrick (Eoghan Rua)
8. Fergal Doherty (Baile Eachaidh)
9. Patsy Bradley (Leacht Néill)
10. Gerard O’Kane (Gleann an Iolair)
11. James Kielt (Cill Ria)
12. Enda Lynn (Grainlocha)
13. Ciaran McFaul (Gleann)
14. Emmett McGuckin (Machaire Fíolta)
15. Benny Heron (Baile na Scrine)
16. Eoin McNicholl (Gleann an Iolair)
17. Oisin Duffy (Forghleann)
18. Karl McKaigue (Leacht Néill)
19. Mark Craig (Dún Geimhin)
20. Charlie Kielt (Cill Ria)
21. Kevin Johnston (Dún Geimhin)
22. Niall Holly (Eoghan Rua)
23. Cailean O’Boyle (Leamhaigh)
24. Declan Mullan (Eoghan Rua)
25. Ciaran McGoldrick (Eoghan Rua)
26. Aaron Kerrigan (Clóidigh)
If you have a story or want to send a photo or video to us please contact the Derry Now editorial team on 028 7129 6600 for Derry City stories Or 028 7774 3970 for County Derry stories. Or you can email [email protected] or [email protected] at any time.