28 May 2022

Man and woman badly burned after petrol is poured on a fire pit

Incident happened last night in County Derry

Co Kildare forest fires could be pattern throughout this summer as dry weather goes on warns emergency service with peat  workers fighting fires

A man and woman in their early 20s have been badly burned in an accidental fire in County Derry.

The accident happened in Maghera last night when petrol was poured on to an outdoor fire pit.

Fire crews attended the scene and treated the man and woman for their injuries before they were taken to Antrim Area Hospital.

The Fire Service has appealed to people not to use petrol on an open fire.

To continue reading this article for FREE,
please kindly register and/or log in.

Registration is absolutely 100% FREE and will help us personalise your experience on our sites. You can also sign up to our carefully curated newsletter(s) to keep up to date with your latest local news!

Register / Login

Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.

Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.