Search

23/09/2021

One of three men accused of Edward Meenan murder to make bail application to be released from prison - court hears

man-whose-body-was-discovered-at-creggan-street-in-derry-in-the-early-hours-of-sunday-morning-named-as-52-year-old-edward-meenan
One of three men currently in custody charged with the murder of Derry man Edward Meenan in the city towards the end of last year is to make an application for bail later this month, the city's Magistrate's Court has been told. The court heard this morning that the case against the three men charged with the murder of the father-of-nine was "progressing" and should meet its target date. The three. Sean Rodgers (31). of Little Diamond, Derek Cresswell (26). of no fixed abode. and Ryan Walters (19) of Crawford Square. all in Derry. are charged with the murder of Mr Meenan on 25 November last yaer. At today's sitting the three appeared by videolink and a police officer gave what the judge described as "a detailed update" on progress in the case. The officer told the court there had been a meeting with forensics in the case and it was anticipated that the reports would be ready for 15 March. The officer said "police do not forsee any holdups at this time." The court was also told that work on all the files in the case was proceeding on time with some of them already typed up and others in progress and it was anticipated they would all be ready on 28 February. Defence solicitor Seamus Quigley for Rodgers said that there had been no bail application as yet but he intended to make such an application on 28 January. The case against all three was adjourned until 14 February 14 with Rodgers' bail application on 28 January.

More News

Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.

Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.